Liz offers some hints and Tips to keep your cool and look your best when the temperatures soaring!
1. Cool down in the heat by spritzing your face with mineral water or a refreshing spray. Keep it in the fridge and spray lightly to refresh your skin and makeup.
2. If your skin is inclined to be oily use a purifying cleansing gel to remove the excess oil that causes shine.
3. If the worst comes to the worse and you do start to shine during the day, take a leaf out of granny’s book and use some oil blotting sheets.
4. To stop T Zone shine, invest in a matifying cream or gel.
5. To protect against dark under eye circles from sweating use a waterproof mascara and eyeliner
6. Choose lipsticks and nail polishes in brighter, stronger colours. Pale neutral colours look insipid with a tan.
7. Pamper those tootsies with a cooling, refreshing footspray and then dust with a foot powder. Cool legs and feet and help stop swelling with a cooling leg and foot gel.
8. Pretty up your toe-nails that are now on show with some vibrant coloured varnish. Use a top coat to protect against unsightly chipping
9. Do wear a foundation that is oil-free and has an SPF factor.
10. Use a face protector with an SPF factor under your foundation as in very hot weather the sun can burn through.
11. To avoid your eye colour sliding and creasing use a waterproof product.
12. Use a little loose powder dusted on with a large brush, then dusted off again to avoid a flour bag look to set your makeup.
13. Invest in a fine good quality dusting powder and decant some into a small container. It’s cooling and absorbs perspiration from top to toe.
14. Don’t forget your lips. Use lipstick and lipglosses with an SPF factor and apply a slick of sunscreen over the colour
15. Make sure your moisturiser has an SPF factor and that you allow it time to sink into your skin before applying foundation
16. Excessive heat dehydrates your skin so use an hydrating mask at regular intervals in the week.
17. If you have dry skin then its time to buy a hydrating cream and use it under your moisturiser to put back the water that the heat will take out.
18. When the heat is on, alcohol-free fragrances are the best choice as alcohol can sometimes cause sensitivity and mark the skin. Perfumes and preparations with strong fragrances also attract insects, especially at night.
19. Use an after sun cream every evening if you are prone to being bitten by those little insects chose one with an anti-mosquito formula, especially in the evening.
20. Finally always allow yourself plenty of time to shower, cool down, do your skincare routine and makeup. Rushing around will only make you hot and flustered.
MY TOP TEN PRODUCTS FOR BEATING THE HEAT
Clarins Hydra Quench Cream SPF 15
This cream is a wonder! It combines a moisturiser, hydrating and an SPF 15. What more could you ask for?
Estee Lauder Double Wear Light SPF 10.
Long lasting coverage even in tropical heat and humid conditions.
Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight Mask
Puts back the moisture that the hot weather takes out
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Shadow Pencil
Waterproof and sweat proof even in tropical conditions
Lush Silky Underwear Dusting Powder and T for Toes
A light silky powder that cools and absorbs perspiration whilst T for Toes is made specially for the feet. Both come in a small bottle that pops into your bag.
Origins Leg Lifts Cooling Gel for Legs and Feet
Cools and helps take down any puffiness. Ideal on the hottest day and a must have for air travel
Clarins Sun Control Stick for Sun Sensitive Areas SPF30
Ideal for lips, ears and nose when sunbathing or playing sport. Brush a slick over you lip colour for extra protection.
Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist
Protects and moisturises and is wonderfully cool to to the face.
Lancome Art Liner
Easy glide and totally waterproof and sweatproof
Bobbi Brown – Blotting Paper
Comes in a leather pouch just pat on the greasy area and its gone and your skin is smooth and matt. Refills are available for your pouch of miracle workers.