FIXTURES CONFIRMED FOR LEEDS
The Rugby League World Cup comes to England in 2021, and tournament organisers have today (July 21st) revealed the much-anticipated fixture schedule for what promises to be the biggest and best World Cup in the history of the sport, as the men’s, women’s and wheelchair teams all compete at the same time in a major sporting first.
Leeds will be hosting eight fixtures, split across Emerald Headingley Stadium and Elland Road.
The full fixture list for Leeds is as follows:
- Jamaica vs Ireland (men’s) – Emerald Headingley Stadium (Sunday 24th October) – 17.00pm
- New Zealand vs Jamaica (men’s) – Emerald Headingley Stadium (Saturday 30th October) – 19.30pm
- New Zealand vs Ireland (men’s) – Emerald Headingley Stadium (Friday 5th November) – 19.30pm
- England vs Brazil (women’s) – Emerald Headingley Stadium (Tuesday 9th November) – 14.30pm
- Papua New Guinea vs Canada (women’s) – Emerald Headingley Stadium (Tuesday 9th November) – 17.00pm
- Canada vs Brazil (women’s) – Emerald Headingley Stadium (Wednesday 17th November) -17.00pm
- England vs Papua New Guinea (women’s) – Emerald Headingley Stadium (Wednesday 17th November) -19.30pm
- Men’s Semi-Final (Teams TBC) – Elland Road (Friday 19th November) – 19.45pm
In June, it was revealed that Leeds will host the men’s squads from Jamaica and Ireland, as well as women’s squads from hosts England, Papua New Guinea, Brazil and Canada.
61 fixtures over a six-week period will showcase a festival of world class sporting action. With only seven days without a fixture across the schedule, the dates, venues and kick-off times* for each of the three tournaments is now confirmed and available to view at www.RLWC2021.com
Please visit www.RLWC2021.com for more information, for details on how to sign up to receive ticket alerts and all the latest news first.