Light Night, the dazzling spectacle that captivated the coast last year, is set to return for its second year, promising to be bigger and brighter than ever!
Between the 26th of February and the 3rd of March, residents and visitors to the Yorkshire Coast will get the opportunity to see a spectacular laser show every night between 7pm and 10pm, lighting up the skies in technicolour.
The idea behind the “Light Night” event series, is to shine a light on iconic locations and landmarks across the Yorkshire Coast, with new laser locations added, connecting the area together.
Lasers will be hosted at:
- Whitby Abbey, Whitby: The gothic abbey that once inspired Bram Stokers Dracula, is the perfect location for the lasers, with great viewing points from West Cliff.
- Raven Hall Hotel, Ravenscar: Located in one of the most scenic areas of the Dinosaur coastline, this hotel and grounds provides the perfect backdrop for the lasers, with the added benefit that residents of Robin Hood’s Bay will have a perfect view of them from multiple locations in the village.
- South Bay, Scarborough: In the heart of the harbour, the lasers will be beamed from Sea Grown, championing the heritage, industry and eco credentials of the town.
- The Chalk Tower, Flamborough: Standing proudly in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is described as England’s oldest surviving lighthouse.
- The Forum, Bridlington: No seafront is complete without the bright lights of the amusements, and this new location will see the lasers mounted to the roof providing a sensational vantage point of the show all the way over towards Sewerby.
For those eager to catch the best views and make the most of this stunning event, detailed information about the shows and the ideal viewing locations can be found at loveyorkshirecoast.co.uk.